Have an event coming up? Use Greek restaurant catering!
Greek cuisine is a favorite for many — and with good reason. Not only is Greek food tasty, but it’s also super healthy. It’s the best of both worlds!
Greek food is also sure to be a crowd-pleaser, making it perfect for events where people have a variety of taste preferences. In fact, Greek and Mediterranean foods are some of the most popular cuisines for office catering! So, the next time you have an office lunch, corporate event, birthday, anniversary, or other get-together, consider turning to Greek food catering.
5 Reasons to Choose Greek Food for Catering
Greece is gorgeous, brimming with history, and home to beautiful architecture and wonderful people. Its cuisine is equally outstanding — especially for office catering, birthday party catering, and anniversary catering. Greek food is the perfect cuisine for catering because it’s:
Packed With Flavor
Greek food is anything but bland. In fact, it’s bursting with flavors! Greek cuisine is known for its diversity. Whether you enjoy a salty appetizer or a sweet dessert, Greek food catering will have something for you!
Plus, since Greece has been influenced by several cultures throughout history, its cuisine has a mix of fascinating flavors. Persians brought rice, honey, and yogurt to Greece, whereas Romans introduced Greeks to pasta and sauces. Similarly, Greece didn’t have coffee until the Turks introduced them to it.
You’ll find oils, cheeses, citrus fruits, and grilled meat throughout Greek dishes. Greek cuisine also uses countless herbs and spices, including mint, thyme, parsley, basil, dill, garlic, and oregano.
For Greek chefs, having fresh ingredients is a given. After all, Greece is located between four seas, meaning there are plenty of fresh fish, vegetables, legumes, and cereals. As a result, most traditional Greek dishes include fresh ingredients. Moreover, several herbs are native to Greece, so there’s never a lack of flavor.
Since Greece has so many food sources available nearby, there’s little need to eat frozen, processed meals. Flavorful, fresh food is the norm in Greek cuisine. So, whenever you Google Greek food catering near me and place an order with a Greek restaurant, you’ll receive tasty and healthy dishes.
Greek food is also incredibly healthy. Like their ancestors, Greeks mainly prepare appetizers and entrees based around fruits, vegetables, or fish. That’s not to say there isn’t beef, pork, or chicken in Greek cuisine (there definitely is!). However, Greeks earn most of their daily dose of vitamins through fruits, vegetables, legumes, seafood, and lamb.
If you need an example of how healthy Greek food can be, look no further than the olive. These iconic Greek fruits contain healthy oils and provide flavor. Similarly, souvlaki and dolmades are equally tasty and nutritious, which can keep your guests happy and healthy.
A Healthy Alternative to Fast Food
In the rush of the city, fast food can be really tempting. It’s cheap and ready to go at a moment’s notice…. It’s also high in sugar, fats, salt, calories, and processed ingredients, low in nutrients, and generally bad for your health in the short and long term.
Greek food is a delicious, healthy alternative to fast food. Instead of eating a processed burger with a side of oily fries, you can enjoy a gyro. These mouth-watering dishes consist of meat slow-roasted on a vertical rotisserie, vegetables, tzatziki sauce, and feta cheese, all served in a pita. There are also vegetarian gyros and other vegetarian dishes like salads, wraps, and falafel, so you can accommodate all guests.
An Ethnic Cuisine with Unique, Authentic Flavors
Greek cuisine offers unique, authentic flavors that reflect the region’s lengthy and rich history. Plus, the Greek food of today isn’t all that different from the Greek food of decades ago or even thousands of years ago. Ancient Greeks ate lentil soup and dolmades, and Greeks still prepare lentil soup and wrap rice and mincemeat in grape leaves today. Ancient Greeks often ate with their hands, and we still eat gyros and dolmades with our hands.
When you opt for Greek food catering, your guests will be transported to Greece (and even Ancient Greece) with one bite. They’ll experience unique, authentic, and satisfying flavors and dishes.
What Catering Events Does SVL Cover?
If you’re tired of searching for the best Greek catering near me, catering Astoria, or catering Queens, look no further! SVL Bar has you covered. We can cater for office lunches for ten to fifteen people, corporate events, birthday parties, and conferences. We can even provide catering for an anniversary party, wedding, retirement party, graduation party, or other social event.
When you cater an event with SVL Bar, all you have to do is place your order. Then, you handle your event, and we’ll provide your guests with an authentic taste of Greece. We can come to you, or you can visit one of our modern restaurants.
What’s On SVL’s Catering Menu?
SVL Bar’s menu is perfect for any event. We have:
- Shares For an Office Lunch: This is the ideal catering option if you’re hosting over ten people! Not only will you receive chicken and pork souvlaki, but you’ll also get fresh falafel bites, horiatiki salad, rice pilaf, and lemon potatoes. What’s more, you’ll receive vegan souvlaki sticks and pita chips with an assortment of tasty spreads. We also include 2-liter soda bottles, plates, utensils, napkins, and serving utensils.
- Proteins By the Tray: To keep your guests well-fed, you can order proteins by the tray. Options include pork and chicken souvlaki, kotobacon, beef and feta-stuffed beef kebab, loukaniko, and sliced pork, chicken, or beef and lamb yeero. We also offer vegan sticks if you have any vegans at your party!
- Salads And Sides by the Tray: Our trays of salads and sides serve ten people and contain every Greek side and salad your guests might want. We have Greek nachos, pita bread, hummus, rice pilaf, and hand-cut, Greek, and sweet potato fries. We also have classics like dolmades, spanakopita, falafel bites, and horiatiki salad, so your guests will leave satisfied.
- The Yeero Bar: Yeeros are a well-loved classic, and our tasty yeeros will remind you and your guests of Greece.
- Desserts And Beverages: Besides delicious meals, we cater desserts and beverages. If baklava doesn’t hit the sweet spot for you, we also offer karidopita and galaktoboureko. For drinks, you’ll have your choice between Souroti sparkling water, Loux carbonated sodas, and classic 2-liter sodas like Coca-Cola, Sprite, or ginger ale.
Quality Greek Restaurant Catering from SVL Bar
When it comes to catering, Greek food is the perfect choice! Whether you’re hosting an office lunch, corporate conference, or team member’s birthday, Greek cuisine is sure to please. It’s healthy, tasty, steeped in history, and diverse.
If you’re looking for catering in Astoria or catering in Queens, you can’t do better than SVL Bar. Not only is our food delicious, but it’s also good for you — and the planet. We use healthy, fresh ingredients and hormone-free meats and prepare our dishes sustainably. We also provide an authentic experience of Greek cuisine, whether you need birthday party catering or office catering.
Ready to receive top-notch catering services for your next event? Check out SVL Bar’s catering services menu today!